Sunday, July 17, 2011

Math Stations

So, like the rest of the Kindergarten blogging world, I am attempting to implement math workstations (similiar to the Debbie Diller approach) in my classroom this coming year- which for me is right around the corner, as I teach at a year-round school. I put the literacy workstations into place two years ago and LOVE them. While other teachers are frequently spending their nights creating (what my principal considers "fluff") centers, I am free to focus on the "meat" of my small group lessons and individualized instruction.

So, when I heard about Debbie Diller's new book, well, color me ecstatic. While mine has yet to arrive (waiting list? what?), I have been following a linky party of primary bloggers as they go through the chapters. I originally found it at Mrs. Wills' page, and continued through the various postings of the talented bloggers and they dissect each and every chapter. Way to go ladies! I love how educators can be so willing so share their hard work for the benefit of ALL kiddos, not just the cutie pies in their room.

*And now, I will begin a tradition of ending (hopefully) every post with a funny Kindergarten moment. I had a little boy this past year who kept us in stitches with his technology know-how. One morning another teacher was attempting to talk to him 1-on-1 during a whole group lesson. Being the super-smart kiddo he is, he wanted to participate instead of working with her. His solution? He calmly looked at her and says, "Can't we do this by email??" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts! Let's play nice, folks.